Are you a Graphic Design / Digital Animation student with amazing drawing skills? If you’re gifted with the artistic ability to conceptualize ideas and translate visions into digital illustrations for animation – we want you on our team.
This is an exciting internship opportunity for a passionate and diligent individual who is ready to dive right into ongoing projects, and will thrive in a fast-paced work environment. As the Digital Illustration intern, you will work closely with both product and marketing teams to bring ideas to life, elevate our brand and ultimately engage our growing audience. If you are a talented illustrator with an excellent eye for detail looking for an opportunity to grow and practice in design, this is the role for you!
Allowance starts from RM800.
The ideal candidate should be able to perform the following:
- Create vector-based art following the “Alegria” style used by tech companies such as Slack, Airtable, Spotify, Facebook, etc.
- Merge vector-based illustrations with photos, patterns and shapes to create digital collages.
- Search for appropriate stock photography to incorporate into digital collages.
- Create thumbnails and featured illustrations for blog articles that communicate the content concisely and accurately.
- Assist the Communications department in the visualisation stage of the design process.
- Produce sketches of design concepts.
- Adhere to brand guidelines and complete projects according to deadline.
- Degree in a related field. Desirable but not required.
- Required: A compelling portfolio showcasing past illustration work.
- Highly proficient in illustration software(s) such as Procreate, Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Solid drawing fundamentals and familiarity with the “Alegria” style.
- A good understanding of the rules of graphic design and the ability to apply them to the work you create.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, and team-based environment.
- A proactive self-starter that can execute high-level art direction.
- Ability to thrive on and welcome constructive criticism.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills.
Overall, we're hoping that you are stout and undaunted at effectively dealing with ad-hoc challenges, composed in pressing situations, be flexible with last-minute changes, and still rock a positive attitude throughout your journey as a changemaker!