Biji-biji Initiative has several ongoing programmes on environmental sustainability and requires the expertise of a strategist to analyse, develop and manage the strategic direction of these programmes pertaining to their impact on the environment. The applicant will be responsible to engage with varied stakeholders and develop a strategic alignment of their needs, to create a collective environmental impact aligned to the programme objectives.
Salary starts from RM5,000.
- Identifying the roles of key stakeholders within the environmental ecosystem and mapping the participants’ activities and organisational direction towards that, relevant to Project objectives
- Understanding the Projects’ environmental objectives and mapping out the strategic actions to meet these objectives. This includes (and not limited to) engaging with key Project stakeholders, beneficiaries/participants and programme partners, to ensure project alignment
- Leading the discussions and implementation of the abovementioned plans, aligned to the Project objectives
- Working closely with relevant Project Managers to ensure the optimum delivery of programme objectives
- 5-6 years experience in environmental consultancy, environmental strategist roles
- Deep understanding of and/or have experience with the UN SDG, sustainability reporting, sustainability strategy development, climate change, sustainable finance & stakeholder engagement, environmental principles and regulations
- Ability to lead engagements with a wide range of stakeholders including NGOs, government agencies, private sectors and local communities
- Digital savvy and able to adapt to varied digital tools including (and not limited to) Airtable, Slack, Google Docs/Sheets/Slides
- Fluent in both Malay and English languages
- Bonus: Possess Sustainability or Environmental Certification, High level of sustainability knowledge with experience in either field of Social, Environmental or Governance