WELCOME TO THE YSEALI BOOT CAMP!
You are about to start the journey of discovering new solutions for your community!
If you are here, it means that you are passionate about improving the life of your community and solving the challenges it faces. We are happy to connect you with like-minded people to help you realize your changemaking potential.
Let’s get started!
You are invited to apply to the 2-day YSEALI* Boot Camp hosted across 8 different locations in Malaysia! This program will bring together 400 members to discuss and contribute to the solutions to current challenges faced by communities in the following areas:
- Social Entrepreneurship
- Civic Engagement
- Sustainable Development
The YSEALI Boot Camps will take place across 8 different locations between March and May 2019, with the finale in September hosted by Me.reka in Kuala Lumpur.
Please note that the deadlines are different for the locations.
The program aims to inspire, empower, and inculcate leadership skills amongst youths in Malaysia, to be able to solve their own local challenges.
To enable participants to kick-start their projects, finalists will receive the opportunity to implement their solutions via a matching grant program and mentorship by the project team and partnering impact organizations. NGOs and social enterprises will be introduced during the program, with the aim of providing a platform for participants to collaborate and solve a problem together with local heroes who have been in the industries. Participants will be able to gain additional knowledge and different perspectives from these organizations.
A total of 2 groups from each location will be selected to participate in the finale camp to implement their final project and qualify for RM 2,000 award to bring their ideas to life. This will ultimately create a network of YSEALI changemakers that have begun to create impact within their own respective communities.
- Be a current YSEALI member (if not yet, apply here) between the ages of 18 and 35 at the time of application;
- Demonstrate strong leadership qualities and potential in their university, place of work, and/or community;
- Be mature, responsible, independent, confident, open-minded, tolerant, thoughtful, and inquisitive;
- Demonstrate interest, knowledge, or professional experience in the areas of Education, Sustainable Development, Civic Engagement, and Social Entrepreneurship;
- Demonstrate a commitment to or interest in community service, volunteerism, or mentorship;
- Individuals from underserved communities, including indigenous groups, and people with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply;
- Preference will be given to candidates from underserved communities and also to candidates with no previous YSEALI experience.
Please email [email protected] for any inquiries. All applications must be submitted by the set deadlines. Incomplete applications will not be considered.