Are you an aspiring course creator dreaming of making a mark in the digital space? Welcome aboard! As the tide of online learning rises, the real heroes, ASEAN Micro, Small, and Medium-sized Enterprises (MSMEs), are embracing this wave, transforming challenges into opportunities. Mereka, in a supportive role, is proud to be part of this pivotal journey, championing the aspirations of these MSMEs in partnership with a USAID-funded regional project.
Diving Deep: Empowering MSMEs as the Backbone of ASEAN Economies
At the heart of Mereka’s recent endeavor is a one-stop webpage where ASEAN MSMEs can access e-learning modules, webinars, communities of practice, and curated tools and resources on business continuity and resilience. This platform is integral in supporting their COVID-19 economic recovery and transformation. In collaboration with a USAID-funded regional project, Mereka has developed these e-learning courses, emphasizing the ASEAN SME Academy's new Business Continuity and Resilience (BCR) Tab. The BCR Tab, officially announced during the recent public outreach, serves as a networking platform, promoting future-proofing strategies for ASEAN small businesses (Institute for Small-Scale Industries, 2023).
Mereka's role in this collaboration includes ideating, analyzing needs, building course content, designing the front-end on Magento, conducting pilot testing, and launching the courses on the Thinkific e-learning platform. Additionally, Mereka has been crucial in localizing these courses in English, Bahasa Indonesia, Thai, and Vietnamese, making them accessible to a broader audience.
A Glimpse into Course Offerings: Your Guide to Global Mastery
These courses are journeys that empower ASEAN MSMEs to scale new heights in today's dynamic market. With the output of 16 modules spread across four transformative courses, each tailored to the unique needs of ASEAN MSMEs through a personalized process:
- Learning Assessment and Instructional Strategy: Administered need assessment survey and focus group discussions to analyse the learning needs of MSMEs in ASEAN and identify learning objectives, instructional approaches, and instructional contents they would like to learn about.
- Development of the lessons, videos, and webinars: Building from the needs analysis, Mereka developed the e-learning contents (self-paced e-learning modules including webinars, curated tools and resources) on the themes of business continuity and resilience to equip and support ASEAN SMEs in their COVID-19 recovery and transformation.
- Facilitate Pilot Testings: Complete functional modules ready for trial and facilitate the pilot testing with stakeholders to test the modules.
- Launch the Online Learning Courses: Delivery of the final modules on Thinkific.
- Localized the Online Learning Courses: Localizing all the courses content in different languages. After the content was localized, we also did pilot testing for each of the different languages.
- Develop Operational Manual and Training: Developed Operational Manual for the management of Thinkific LMS and training the back-end user to manage the platform.
Overall, The process involved comprehensive learning assessments, development of lessons, videos, webinars on business continuity and resilience, pilot testing, course localization, and the development of an operational manual and training for the Thinkific LMS management (Manila Bulletin, 2023)
Mereka's Call to Digital Pioneers
The digital age is upon us. And with the changing dynamics of the ASEAN MSME landscape, the right tools and insights can make all the difference. With the ASEAN SME Academy’s BCR Tab and our collaboration with international partners, we are at the forefront of empowering businesses for a digital future (ASEAN, 2023).
So, are you ready to change the game and level up your digital legacy? Let's collaborate and craft the next chapter in online learning together!